Monday, August 17, 2020

Testimonial by Annmary Joy (Intern) - FLAME University

My experience with DSS came about as a result of my summer internship which was a requirement from my college. I approached Door Step School (DSS) and they accepted me as an intern for the summer of 2020. But when the time came for me to begin, there were challenges presented due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, DSS agreed to let me do the internship in an online mode. The DSS team was very helpful and guided me throughout the duration of my internship. Although, I was not able to physically meet with the parents or the children, I was able to reach out to the children and their parents through the various assignments given to me. As a part of my activities, I was able to understand the circumstances of the children and their families and the problems they face. As a result of this, I am in a position to fully appreciate the work being done by DSS for the education of underprivileged children. Due to the conditions of these families, the children are often forced to work, instead of going to school. During times like COVID-19 instead of learning, they are often made to earn a living. The DSS team came up with innovative ways to help the children study easily at home, even during such times. They also educated the parents on the importance of educating their children and the benefits they would get in the long term. They also made the families aware of COVID-19 and the various precautionary measures to follow to be safe. In this way, DSS is able to motivate the children to study and encourage the parents to let their children study.The efforts taken by the team is very admirable as inspiring. It was a privilege for me to have worked with such an amazing team at DSS Pune. Keep up the great work.



No comments:

Post a Comment